We have multile Matamo (Piwik) servers that members of our co-operative can use to generate web stats (as an alternative to Google Analytics).
All our Matamo servers are set to:
- Only store two bytes of client IP addresses, for example 192.168.X.X, where the number represented by X is not saved.
- Delete visitor log older than 60 days.
- Delete archived reports older that 12 months.
You may opt out of the Matamo stats, the best way to do this is to set the Do Not Track header in your web browser preferences.
Another way to opt out is to use a web browser plugin which stops web site usage tracking bugs, we recommend:
- uBlock Origin for Firefox — a multi-purpose blocker, available for multiple browsers on multiple operating systems, it is free software released under the GNU General Public License, see the GitHub site for installation instructions for browsers other than Firefox.
- Privacy Badger for Firefox — a privacy protecting blocker, from the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which is also available for Chrome and Opera via the EFF site.
Adding Matamo Tracking to your webs site